This time, a bit smoother

The last two Olympic trips did not start out too well. Heading to Tokyo I found out when I got to Logan that the economy parking lot was closed and had to scramble to find a place to park my car for two and a half weeks. Thanks to some helpful airport employees, I found a spot and still made my flight.

Heading to Beijing, I found out a week before my scheduled flight that it had been cancelled and I had to rebook another flight, which meant rescheduling all of my required COVID tests and then booking a hotel at the Paris airport for the night.

This time around, I am sitting in the terminal at Logan Airport awaiting my 7 p.m. flight to Amsterdam, which will land me in Europe tomorrow morning and then after a layover, I head to Paris, arriving there shortly after noon tomorrow (6 a.m. East Coast Time). 

And so far, not a single snafu, knock on wood. I left my house around 1 p.m., building in a little time to make a stop for gas and another stop at Walmart in Rochester to purchase a small portable fan, just in case the air conditioning isn't up to par (or even exist) in my hotel room. I made one more stop along the way, and arrived at the economy parking garage just before 4 p.m. I had repurchased my parking permit and after parking, went to the bus stop to find the bus there and waiting. After a short ride through the terminals, we got to Terminal E. 

The line for the baggage check was a little longer than I would like, but the good news was there was a couple of big groups traveling together, which made the line go pretty quickly and before long my suitcase was (hopefully) heading for Paris and I was off to security.

The security line was surprisingly short (maybe flying on a Monday afternoon was the right move) and I got through fairly easily, with just a quick check of my camera in the suitcase by the TSA, I moved right on, got a quick bite to eat and now sit at the gate awaiting my flight to Amsterdam. 

Thanks again to everyone who reached out for Olympic connections and I am looking forward to seeing what Paris has to offer at my second Summer Olympics. 

The next post will likely come from the Amsterdam airport.


Awaiting the plane at Boston's Logan Airport.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That. Was. Not. Fun.

A quick Opening Ceremony update

One day, one venue