A quick Opening Ceremony update

Well, after more than an hour of walking, I reached the location where my ticket said I could be for the Opening Ceremony. 

Yes, I walked an hour. There was the option of taking the subway, but I thought I might see more if I took the walking tour of Paris. From the media center, the walk brought me down past the Arc de Triomphe, down the Champs Elysees and eventually to the Louvre, where my entrance is supposed to be. I saw all those places when I was here in 2002, but it had been a long time. I am pretty sure there was no Five Guys on the Champs Elysees when I was here back then.

However, once I got to the gate location, there was no gate. My guess is it will be opening up shortly, but right now there is just a lot of barricades and guys with guns. For now, I am sitting along the Seine waiting for the chance to get in... And of course it is starting to rain.

More updates to come.


 The Opening Ceremony is coming.

Comments

  1. Hi Josh listening to you on the morning buzz I heard you were representing from Prospect Mountain High School you will have to post a picture with your PMHS shirt. Doing a awesome job reporting the Olympics thank you from Alton NH 😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That. Was. Not. Fun.

One day, one venue