Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Whoops... Almost a very expensive mistake

The last few weeks and months have been a blur of paperwork, e-mails, medical tests and just about everything else you could think of in preparation for the Tokyo Olympics. I filled out every single piece of paperwork requested of me and covered every single base that needs to be covered.

Well, except one that is.

I hopped in the car this morning and headed south towards Logan Airport. There was a little traffic, but mostly just cruised through and got to the airport in the expected time. Driving toward my usual parking garage (economy) I saw a flashing sign that said "economy closed" use central parking. After all the paperwork and research, I never even thought to check with the airport. So I turned into central parking and saw the sign that said 38 dollars a day. My quick math skills came out at almost 800 dollars to park for the time I will be in Tokyo. I just about had a heart attack.

So, I headed toward the exit cashier and asked her if there was anywhere else to park. She looked around and whispered to me, "take out your phone, Hampton Inn Revere, 11.95 a day. But you didn't hear that from me." After I had a good laugh, I remembered seeing the Hampton Inn sign on my way down on Route 1A. I quickly made the trip back, parked and went inside to pay and they said they were full, reservations only. The guy there recommended checking with a park and ride spot down the road.

Back in the car I went and drove down the road about a mile and pulled in. The nice woman at the counter said I didn't need reservations. The damage is closer to 300 dollars, which is about what I can expect at economy parking.

Crisis averted.

On to the airport, where after a lot of paperwork checking from the very nice Air Canada agent, I had about the quickest trip through security ever. I didn't even need to take things out of my bag like usual.

And now, I am sitting in Logan awaiting my flight to Toronto. Onward we go.

On an Olympic note, watched the first few innings of the softball game for Team USA last night and when I woke up, watched a little of the women's soccer game. Nice start for softball, not so much for soccer. I am on my way to Tokyo to comfort Alex Morgan after the loss. She's my Lindsey Vonn of Summer Olympics.



Gate B3 at Logan International Airport... Just waiting on a plane.


No comments:

Post a Comment