Closing ceremony on the way

It's about four hours before the closing ceremony for the Paris Olympics takes place. I am sitting in the venue media center of the Stade de France. I've heard the Star Spangled Banner blasting over the speakers and have walked out into the stadium to see the preparations that are under way.

This is my third Olympic closing ceremony, the first coming in Tokyo three years ago and the second coming in Beijing in February 2022. They were definitely different, with Tokyo in the heat and Beijing in the cold.

I am excited to see what France has to offer for the closing ceremony. There's rumors that Tom Cruise will be involved as part of the handoff to the Los Angeles Games in 2028. In the last two closing ceremonies, I have had a tabled press seat, which includes a desk and plugs to charge my computer and phone. This time around, I have a non-tabled seat, so no desk to work with, so I probably won't be updating much during the closing ceremony since I don't want to kill my phone battery. And I'm leaving my laptop in the venue media center.

As some people know, others may not, these trips to the Olympics (this is my fifth) are now self-funded and I am grateful for everyone who has supported me along the way, both financially and by simply reading the blogs and social media posts or listening to my radio spots on the Morning Buzz or Mike and The Hoss. The support is greatly appreciated.

I am heading home on Monday and I will be back to making the donuts on Wednesday morning to help support the next trip, which will come in a year and a half when the Winter Olympics head to Milan-Cortina in Italy. 


Preparations are under way for the closing ceremony of the Paris Olympics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That. Was. Not. Fun.

A quick Opening Ceremony update

One day, one venue