Thursday, March 8, 2018

The routine returns

It was a quick jump back to reality after a two-week hiatus. It was really like I never left.
I got back on Sunday night and drove straight from the airport to the office and finished up all of my Sunday night normal work. By the time I got home it was after 1 a.m. and I got up at my normal 5:30 a.m. alarm and went to the gym, which may have been my first mistake. After not working out for more than two weeks, my muscles were so sore when I got up on Tuesday morning.
Luckily I didn’t have a game on Monday but I had to work at the other job and again got home well after 1 a.m. before getting up and going on Tuesday morning. Tuesday brought the first game in my return to the high school sports scene, as I headed to North Conway to see the Kennett hoop girls in the opening round of the Division II playoffs. The Eagles put on a good show and walked off the court with a win, meaning there would be at least one more game that week.
Wednesday night I headed to Wolfeboro for the Kingswood hockey boys in the quarterfinals of the Division II tournament. The Knights went to overtime, which made me a bit late for the second job, but it was worth it when they put the winning goal in the net in the extra session, meaning yet another game on the docket in the coming weeks.
Thursday I made the trip north to Cannon Mountain for the alpine Meet of Champions. The conditions were a bit icy, which can be good for racers but weren’t so great for my skiing purposes, though I did get a few runs in and it was good to get back on the skis and get my alpine pictures back in the swing of things. From Cannon, I traveled south on 93 to Plymouth, where I caught the Kennett and Plymouth hoop boys in the final regular season game.
The next night was another playoff hoop game, as the Kennett girls played in the Division II quarterfinals after their first round win earlier in the week. This time the result was not quite as good, but it was still a solid game to close out the season.
Saturday brought my final game of the week, as I headed to Conway to see the Kennett hockey team in the Division III quarterfinals. The Eagles rolled to the win and moved on to the semifinals.
Of course, this set up a bit of a predicament, as both the Kingswood and Kennett hockey teams are playing at the same time on the same day at arenas far away from each other (one in Exeter, one in Plymouth). OF course that’s just the way things goes.

It’s good to be back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment